Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:34 am

Another hashtag calling for the murder of people like me is going around. It never gets easier to be threatened like this.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:43 am

@Lord Kristine wrote:
Another hashtag calling for the murder of people like me is going around. It never gets easier to be threatened like this.
So I don’t suppprt anything calling for the death of anyone, that is absolutely repulsive. What do you mean by “people like you” though?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Lord Kristine wrote:
So I don’t suppprt anything calling for the death of anyone, that is absolutely repulsive. What do you mean by “people like you” though?

I'm autistic. The most recent hashtag is calling for the extermination of people like me. It's usually subtle, like people saying that they "like the people, not the autism", which is kind of like saying "I like the people, not the gayness/blackness/etc", but every once in a while, they let their true message slip out. I've had to deal with antivaxxers, martyr parents, and generally hateful people telling me that I should be "put out of my misery", like I'm a sick dog instead of a human being who deserves life. It's hard to deal with, sometimes.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Jesus, I’m really sorry to hear that. I don’t know how anyone could be so awful (ok, that’s not true, I’ve seen a lot of hate in this world), but people are people. I still see a lot of racism in my area of the US, and I just don’t know what it’ll take for some people to just accept those for who they are.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:42 pm

I envy the people who don't have to explain why they deserve to live.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 pm

While I don’t have the same issues, I can at least relate that I am fat. Yes, it is something I can change, and I am working on it, but I’ve gotten pretty heavy, and been the subject of some pretty hurtful ridicule. There used to be a Fat People Hate subreddit, and while I thankfully never found my way there, I’m very aware of how much people wanted me to die, to stop wasting space, to stop blocking their vision with my ugliness. It sucks, so while I can’t fully relate, I do know what you’re going through.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm

I’m sorry you got so much hate. You don’t deserve that.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
I know this isnt the platform to post kinda super personal shit on here, but with the mental state im in right now, i need to. My best friend is a female. I have been best friends with this woman for 13 years or so. We also work together which is pretty fun, but at the same time, it hasnt been. Over the past few weeks, our wonderful co-workers have been telling her I have feelings for her, and while it would be awesome to be with your best friend, this is just not the case. When it happened a few weeks ago, I managed to fix it and I told her, if this were earlier in our lives, then yeah maybe, but now? Nothing is there. I gave her some space the past few days and asked if she was upset with me because she hadnt been replying to me texting her, and thats when she said people are telling her this still, on top of me saying i dislike her husband. All of this is 100% false. So now, I'm going through the notion of potentially losing my best friend, who's been there for me most of my life and is like the sister I never had, because people are running their fucking mouths. I almost burst into tears earlier because I never went through this with her. This fucking sucks.

Oh my god that’s terrible! Why are your co workers choosing to do this?

I dont know, it's a game to them I guess. I told a co worker yesterday that knew nothing about it that I plan on leaving before the year is up, because this is just going to keep coming up and I dont have the heart for it.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:38 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
I know this isnt the platform to post kinda super personal shit on here, but with the mental state im in right now, i need to. My best friend is a female. I have been best friends with this woman for 13 years or so. We also work together which is pretty fun, but at the same time, it hasnt been. Over the past few weeks, our wonderful co-workers have been telling her I have feelings for her, and while it would be awesome to be with your best friend, this is just not the case. When it happened a few weeks ago, I managed to fix it and I told her, if this were earlier in our lives, then yeah maybe, but now? Nothing is there. I gave her some space the past few days and asked if she was upset with me because she hadnt been replying to me texting her, and thats when she said people are telling her this still, on top of me saying i dislike her husband. All of this is 100% false. So now, I'm going through the notion of potentially losing my best friend, who's been there for me most of my life and is like the sister I never had, because people are running their fucking mouths. I almost burst into tears earlier because I never went through this with her. This fucking sucks.

Damn man, I'm so sorry. If you ever feel you need to talk, send me a PM. We can talk there or get on an instant messenger or something.  

Thanks dude, I'll keep that in mind

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:52 pm

@Lord Kristine wrote:

And you don't deserve the hate you are getting either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:20 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Lord Kristine wrote:

And you don't deserve the hate you are getting either.

Thank you. That really means a lot to me.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 am

I'm finally going to quit my job. It's going to be tomorrow or sometime next month, but I'm going to do it. I just can;t handle all the greed, sloth, stupidity, immorality, corporate ineptitude, and every other negative force that store puts into me. Working there isn't worth all the mental toxic I have to deal with.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: