Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 The DC Comics Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Here's the latest Midnight's Edge video about the DCMU.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1327
Points : 2002
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:33 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Is Leonardo DiCaprio Warner Bros.’ Top Choice for Joker Movie?
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/884499-is-leonardo-dicaprio-warner-bros-top-choice-for-joker-movie#H1PUcX7bTPyij47R.99

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/903710091408326656

Apparently the Dicaprio as Joker report is false.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 374
Points : 979
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm getting tired of this run around with DC. Warner Brothers need to get this under control and make official statements about the future. At this point people won't even be mad. They just want the truth.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1229
Points : 1847
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:30 am

@TRK wrote:
I'm getting tired of this run around with DC. Warner Brothers need to get this under control and make official statements about the future. At this point people won't even be mad. They just want the truth.

I think they need to shut their mouths until things are official. Everyone likes to hype and talk, I get it. But with their track record as of late they need to shut up until papers are signed.

Case in point, the Batman solo film fiasco. Every other month/week it seemed like they would go back and forth on what's true and what isn't. And they are still doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Celebrating 25 years of the greatest hand drawn animated TV show ever made. Batman: The Animated Series.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:20 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm

https://superbromovies.com/2017/09/08/exclusive-zack-snyder-will-not-being-doing-press-for-justice-league/

Quote :
ck in May, we got the devastating news that Zack Snyder’s daughter, Autumn had taken her own life, which led to Zack leaving JUSTICE LEAGUE with Joss Whedon taking over reshoots/rewrites for the film. For a while now though, we’ve seen multiple rumours regarding these reshoots, and we can definitely say that the reshoots from a public perspective have been very shaky so far, this is further solidified with recent news that Joss Whedon has likely reshot/rewrote 1/3 of the film, it is definitely becoming more apparent that Joss Whedon has more involvement than previously thought on the film, but don’t worry it is still a Zack Snyder Film.

Unfortunately, it looks like the rumours of Whedon having a larger presence in the production of JUSTICE LEAGUE could very much be true, as we have reached out to Zack Snyder’s publicist and have been told that he will NOT be doing any press for JUSTICE LEAGUE.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:23 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
https://superbromovies.com/2017/09/08/exclusive-zack-snyder-will-not-being-doing-press-for-justice-league/

Quote :
ck in May, we got the devastating news that Zack Snyder’s daughter, Autumn had taken her own life, which led to Zack leaving JUSTICE LEAGUE with Joss Whedon taking over reshoots/rewrites for the film. For a while now though, we’ve seen multiple rumours regarding these reshoots, and we can definitely say that the reshoots from a public perspective have been very shaky so far, this is further solidified with recent news that Joss Whedon has likely reshot/rewrote 1/3 of the film, it is definitely becoming more apparent that Joss Whedon has more involvement than previously thought on the film, but don’t worry it is still a Zack Snyder Film.

Unfortunately, it looks like the rumours of Whedon having a larger presence in the production of JUSTICE LEAGUE could very much be true, as we have reached out to Zack Snyder’s publicist and have been told that he will NOT be doing any press for JUSTICE LEAGUE.

I guess the rumors of this movie having a $400-$500 million price tag might be true after all.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1327
Points : 2002
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:48 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Patty Jenkins Confirmed To Return For Wonder Woman 2

Finally! Seriously, WB, that took you long enough! You're lucky Lucasfilm didn't snag her up to direct Episode IX...

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:12 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
Patty Jenkins Confirmed To Return For Wonder Woman 2

Finally! Seriously, WB, that took you long enough! You're lucky Lucasfilm didn't snag her up to direct Episode IX...

Yeah really happy, I sense we will get a very high quality sequel for this movie now.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
Patty Jenkins Confirmed To Return For Wonder Woman 2

Finally! Seriously, WB, that took you long enough! You're lucky Lucasfilm didn't snag her up to direct Episode IX...

Yeah really happy, I sense we will get a very high quality sequel for this movie now.

This is great news to hear. And given how Wonder Woman will take place in the 1980's, it's going to be a good movie. I can feel it. This is the best news for the DCMU since Wonder Woman passed the $800 million dollar mark.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Patty Jenkins gets a MASSIVE pay raise for Wonder Woman 2

She was paid a million to direct the first one, now getting paid 7-9 million to direct the second.

7X increase in pay raise at the bare minimum. So yeah WB knows they can't afford to lose her.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 pm

It looks like the box office predictions for Justice League are not very good.

Considering all that time it came to basically remake most of the movie, the price range has to be at least $500 million. Good luck with that.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jericho
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 23
Points : 153
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

If you guys were sure nobody had the time, what
would make you think, Robin never had super powers, at all?

Did you think, maybe, Batman could just, literally jump off buildings, and you'd go run to try and see him swing away, but he'd have landed and hid himself in the alley, like a ninja?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the box office predictions for Justice League are not very good.

Considering all that time it came to basically remake most of the movie, the price range has to be at least $500 million. Good luck with that.

The author of the article does state that while things look grim for Justice League, it isn't as grim for Warner Bros which has had a pretty successful year overall. A JL film that only breaks into the $600 million range will hurt the juggernaut but won't destroy it, since they still have Aquaman in development and will keep Wonder Woman around because the public has grown to love her film. I think it will break into the $800 million thanks to Wonder Woman and the novelty of seeing new members of the League come into play, but the rest of the movie itself will have to make up the difference and determine if it gets higher than that.

Also, just to clarify, is the $500 million you mention an accumulation of both its production budget and its marketing costs?

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the box office predictions for Justice League are not very good.

Considering all that time it came to basically remake most of the movie, the price range has to be at least $500 million. Good luck with that.

The author of the article does state that while things look grim for Justice League, it isn't as grim for Warner Bros which has had a pretty successful year overall. A JL film that only breaks into the $600 million range will hurt the juggernaut but won't destroy it, since they still have Aquaman in development and will keep Wonder Woman around because the public has grown to love her film. I think it will break into the $800 million thanks to Wonder Woman and the novelty of seeing new members of the League come into play, but the rest of the movie itself will have to make up the difference and determine if it gets higher than that.

Also, just to clarify, is the $500 million you mention an accumulation of both its production budget and its marketing costs?

Yes, but I've also heard that it might be higher ($600-$700 million). I'm not saying that's impossible, but $500 million is that most I can see WB possibly putting into this movie while still trying to make it profitable. Remember, BvS was supposed to have cost up to $400 million by many people. I find it hard that WB could make such a big financial blunder again. That and considering how Aquaman doesn't have the popularity of either Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman-my sister says that the DC fans actually kind of hate him-an Aquaman movie seems like a hard sell.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
In much happier news.

Wonder Woman came out on DVD and Blu-Ray today.

Also, the cinematic box office run has ended with a total of $819 million dollars, $411 million of it being made domestically.

I think I have a pre-order at FYE for the DVD. I will have to go there this weekend to try to pick it up, really excited.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1327
Points : 2002
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Despite making $819 million dollars overall, Wonder Woman is one of the lowest overseas making suprehero movies in 10 years.

I blame that one that fact that a lot of the world is anti-Semitic (Russia) and far many countries are so male-dominated (Most of the Middle East).

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Despite making $819 million dollars overall, Wonder Woman is one of the lowest overseas making suprehero movies in 10 years.

I blame that one that fact that a lot of the world is anti-Semitic (Russia) and far many countries are so male-dominated (Most of the Middle East).

Bloody good thing that America supported the film quite strongly at the box office, like with Superman: The Movie before it the public rallied around a particular superhero film when they needed it.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:27 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Despite making $819 million dollars overall, Wonder Woman is one of the lowest overseas making suprehero movies in 10 years.

I blame that one that fact that a lot of the world is anti-Semitic (Russia) and far many countries are so male-dominated (Most of the Middle East).

Bloody good thing that America supported the film quite strongly at the box office, like with Superman: The Movie before it the public rallied around a particular superhero film when they needed it.

Indeed. I should point out that the article does say that the United Arab Eremites did like the movie quite a bit. This was a movie that did very well despite all the things that it went up against. Both domestically (the DCMU being such a mess) and oversees.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1327
Points : 2002
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Crisis on Earth-X is the Title for The CW November Crossover
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/889909-crisis-on-earth-x-is-the-title-for-the-cw-november-crossover#upS6JZkzYwKaMbIh.99

Idk what the thing is with having this crossover be "nazi dopplegangers from another dimension" seems a downgrade from the aliens last year. But yeah...good to see they are at least trying to introduce a new hero 'the ray' with it.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:41 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mr. Oz reveals himself to be Jor-El, Superman's biological father.


Also not to spoil anything but apparently int he comics Lex Luthor is gonna turn evil again after meeting Ozymandias from Watchmen.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Forbes: Why did Wonder Woman underperform in many overseas markets?

An interesting article indicating that WB's overseas marketing for the film was not as strong as it was in America, especially compared to Sony with Spider-Man.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 404
Points : 1007
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:37 pm

makes sense--marketing alone could make or break something. it's probably the main reason why John Carter was a flop rather than necessarily being bad (it's a solid adaptation--i read the book not long after i saw it and it's pretty faithful--but the advertising focused only on the arena scene and that made it look like a Star Wars ripoff, along with the shitty name that could indicate anything but a classic sci-fantasy adventure on Barsoom)

_______________
Requiescas in pace, Jurassic Park Legacy. We will never forget you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The DC Comics Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The DC Comics Thread
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» Comics fair use policy?
» Sales figures for UK comics
» Campfire Comics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: