Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 The Marvel Comics Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The demon Mephisto has come back to Marvel comics, and in a pretty amazing way, too.

So it basically screws over Dr Dooms character development over the past year right? Also the whole secret empire thing was a huge fiasco.

To be fair, at least with this you could argue that Dr. Doom really needed somebody big to up against. I'm not saying that it's perfect, but at least this time, I get where Marvel Comics are coming from.

And yeah, Secret Empire burned Marvel really bad. They didn't expect the amount of outrage that happened.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:29 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:20 pm


_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:27 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:50 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:03 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

But unless they were working for Thanos, wouldn't that mean that the Skrulls would kind of overshadow him a bit? That's part of the reason why I was one of the few that wasn't happy about The Skrulls being the main villains in the Captain Marvel movie. Even more so given how iconic they have historically been in Marvel history.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

But unless they were working for Thanos, wouldn't that mean that the Skrulls would kind of overshadow him a bit? That's part of the reason why I was one of the few that wasn't happy about The Skrulls being the main villains in the Captain Marvel movie. Even more so given how iconic they have historically been in Marvel history.

I know it seems weird, but idk maybe the skulls will help Captain marvels identity remain secret by accident. One impersonates her civilian identity while she's off being the hero and all that so no one associates carol danvers=captain marvel.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

But unless they were working for Thanos, wouldn't that mean that the Skrulls would kind of overshadow him a bit? That's part of the reason why I was one of the few that wasn't happy about The Skrulls being the main villains in the Captain Marvel movie. Even more so given how iconic they have historically been in Marvel history.

I know it seems weird, but idk maybe the skulls will help Captain marvels identity remain secret by accident. One impersonates her civilian identity while she's off being the hero and all that so no one associates carol danvers=captain marvel.

That wouldn't make much sense due to how other then Spider-Man (relatively speaking) most of the superheros don't really have a secret identity. Well, other then Cap and his crew. Also, while a few Skrulls have defected, the overwhelming majority of them are villains.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

But unless they were working for Thanos, wouldn't that mean that the Skrulls would kind of overshadow him a bit? That's part of the reason why I was one of the few that wasn't happy about The Skrulls being the main villains in the Captain Marvel movie. Even more so given how iconic they have historically been in Marvel history.

I know it seems weird, but idk maybe the skulls will help Captain marvels identity remain secret by accident. One impersonates her civilian identity while she's off being the hero and all that so no one associates carol danvers=captain marvel.

That wouldn't make much sense due to how other then Spider-Man (relatively speaking) most of the superheros don't really have a secret identity. Well, other then Cap and his crew. Also, while a few Skrulls have defected, the overwhelming majority of them are villains.

Yeah I get that, I was just trying to give explanations, other people said that she might get stuck in space or something. Which could be a way for the Guardians to find her at the end of infinity war or something.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brie Larson has showed up for the filming of Avengers 4/the second part of Avengers 3 (depending on your point of view).

Guessing now that she appears halfway though the movie.

I still don't know how the MCU plans to have a plausible explanation for her absence from Earth, or at least her being such a no show during the past events, for so long.

Well I think what people may say was that she will get stuck in the quantum realm or get captured by skulls/replaced during that time so she still appears 'normal'.

But unless they were working for Thanos, wouldn't that mean that the Skrulls would kind of overshadow him a bit? That's part of the reason why I was one of the few that wasn't happy about The Skrulls being the main villains in the Captain Marvel movie. Even more so given how iconic they have historically been in Marvel history.

I know it seems weird, but idk maybe the skulls will help Captain marvels identity remain secret by accident. One impersonates her civilian identity while she's off being the hero and all that so no one associates carol danvers=captain marvel.

That wouldn't make much sense due to how other then Spider-Man (relatively speaking) most of the superheros don't really have a secret identity. Well, other then Cap and his crew. Also, while a few Skrulls have defected, the overwhelming majority of them are villains.

Yeah I get that, I was just trying to give explanations, other people said that she might get stuck in space or something. Which could be a way for the Guardians to find her at the end of infinity war or something.

The more we talk and think about this, the more harder it's going to justify her being absent for so long. scratch

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Matthew Vaughn wants to reboot the Fantastic 4.

Quote wrote:
The other one I've felt an obligation to do is, I wouldn't mind maybe making a Fantastic Four film to apologize to everyone out there that maybe it didn't go very well for them. It's brilliant. One of my favorites is the Fantastic Four, so maybe one day I'll try and rectify the mistake.

The property is just too toxic for the GA and fans to trust. Even more so as long as Fox owns them. Even if Fox sold them to Disney/Marvel or let the rights slide back into Marvel, it would still take at at least another 5-7 years before people would even think it.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm

So this is what the writers of Marvel Comics thinks of those that are critical of them. Never mind the fact that they destroyed the character of Carol Danvers in Civil War 2 and have her be a no-show in Secret Empire where she could have redeemed herself.




Does Marvel comics even care about profits anymore?

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:53 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Points : 3194
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:23 pm

The Inhumans looked dumb from the start. Also here if you want some quality Marvel content.


_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
The Inhumans looked dumb from the start.

That's what you get when you do things fast and cheap. They also tried this with the comics. That also failed.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:17 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 794
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 am

Well as long as it is done right THIS time then bring it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Kelly Marcel, the screenwriter for 50 Shades Of Grey will write the script for Sony's Venom movie.

We might as well consider this the final nail in the coffin for this movie being good, and that's provided that it even comes out.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:36 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Kelly Marcel, the screenwriter for 50 Shades Of Grey will write the script for Sony's Venom movie.

We might as well consider this the final nail in the coffin for this movie being good, and that's provided that it even comes out.

Yep. And the sad part is, chances are it will come out but be God-awful for being a rushed job of a production, and waste all the actors involved.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 794
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Wasn't really on board with it to begin with since they had to cast Hardy...there are more actors than Tom for super hero film roles. Same with Josh Brolin.

Still, the Russo brothers were an unconventional choice given their background, yet they are almost unquestionably the best current directors in the genre with perhaps James Gunn. Maybe Marcel will 'get' the character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Just wondering, since Logan was Hugh Jackman's final time portraying Wolverine, does that mean that the character won't be in the Dark Phoenix movies? Because if that's the case, then how will the movies explain his absence.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 794
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 am

He wasn't likely to be in it anyway. Even if Hugh was not done. The Phoenix Saga was way more of a Summers family thing. Also I am pretty sure Phoenix film takes place in the 90s if it is not in the 80s, prior to Wolverine finally joining them.

They likely will gloss over his not showing up, not even reference him at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 985
Points : 1616
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:12 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott Eastwood wants to be the next Wolverine.

Admittedly he does look somewhat like the character, it'll ultimately be up to Fox to decide who to cast as Wolverine and how quickly.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott Eastwood wants to be the next Wolverine.

Admittedly he does look somewhat like the character, it'll ultimately be up to Fox to decide who to cast as Wolverine and how quickly.

Even more so considering how it's only a matter of time before Fox outright introduces a new X-Men universe after the Deadpool movies and all these spinoffs are done.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 794
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Someone not....tall.

Clint Howardish, in fact.


But I like Scott's name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:25 pm

It looks like there was a very heated exchange between comic book retailers and Marvel Comics editors about the direction the comics are taking.

It really makes you wonder how low sales have to be in order for Disney to intervene and clean house. Civil War 2 failed big time and destroyed Carol Danver's character. Secret Empire was a debacle. This can NOT continue.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3399
Points : 4087
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 pm


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 794
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Somehow I don't buy it. They have been dragging their feet on Hulk for a decade and they'd have to recast the characters who they neglected apart from General Ross, most importantly his daughter and Banner's girlfriend Elizabeth Ross. But if it happens I guess that signals the end of the AOU experiment to have Hulk and Romanova get together.


EDIT:Well read the thing and that is the weakest way to say that is a trilogy. -_- LOL. I buy it now then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Marvel Comics Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!
» Disney Bans Non US Originated Marvel Comics
» The DC Comics Thread
» Favourite Non-Marvel or DC American Comics Character
» Marvel UK 1970s free gift - painted?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: