Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Paleofails

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paleoman
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Paleofails   Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 14:42

We've all seen them before, sometimes reconstructions go awry. This is the spot for all crimes against prehistory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:50

Man, I'm not liking the direction this new Jurassic World 2 concept art is taking.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 15:20

Richard Levine wrote:
Man, I'm not liking the direction this new Jurassic World 2 concept art is taking.

Spoiler:

Ha ha ha. My last Paleofail pic on JPL. Only fitting to have it be the first paleofail on this site. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 17:53

The negative reviews in "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!" ( http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t479-jd-man-s-serious-dino-books-dino-related-reviews ) are for paleofails. As of this post, there's Feduccia's Riddle of the Feathered Dragons: Hidden Birds of China, Barnes-Svarney/Svarney's The Handy Dinosaur Answer Book, Lessem's The Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever, The Magic School Bus, Brusatte/Benton's Dinosaurs, Mash's How to Keep Dinosaurs, Benton's Walking With Dinosaurs: Fascinating Facts, Johnson's Dino Wars: Discover the Deadliest Dinosaurs, Bloodiest Battles, and Super Survival Strategies of the Prehistoric World, Burnie's The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia, Brusatte's Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Benton's Dinosaurs: Living Monsters of the Past, & Schwabacher's The Magic School Bus Flies with the Dinosaurs (which is where the Jurassic Park Legacy thread left off). I'll add to "Paleofails" as I add to "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 14:30

I put this in the JPL Paleothread, but I doubt nobody will mind if I put it here.

Behold! A failed Indominus Rex prototype.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caudipteryx
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 10:43

Ok browsing some news earlier today I found this:

"While tyrannosaurs, including T. rex, and Velociraptor showed the largest olfactory bulbs relative to brain size and body mass"

"While tyrannosaurs, including T. rex, and Velociraptor..."

"including T. rex, and Velociraptor"

"T. rex, and Velociraptor"

Wh... what?

Also this from the same article

"Kill meeeee"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 11:26

@JD-man wrote:
The negative reviews in "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!" ( http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t479-jd-man-s-serious-dino-books-dino-related-reviews ) are for paleofails. As of this post, there's Feduccia's Riddle of the Feathered Dragons: Hidden Birds of China, Barnes-Svarney/Svarney's The Handy Dinosaur Answer Book, Lessem's The Ultimate Dinopedia: The Most Complete Dinosaur Reference Ever, The Magic School Bus, Brusatte/Benton's Dinosaurs, Mash's How to Keep Dinosaurs, Benton's Walking With Dinosaurs: Fascinating Facts, Johnson's Dino Wars: Discover the Deadliest Dinosaurs, Bloodiest Battles, and Super Survival Strategies of the Prehistoric World, Burnie's The Kingfisher Illustrated Dinosaur Encyclopedia, Brusatte's Field Guide to Dinosaurs, Benton's Dinosaurs: Living Monsters of the Past, & Schwabacher's The Magic School Bus Flies with the Dinosaurs (which is where the Jurassic Park Legacy thread left off). I'll add to "Paleofails" as I add to "JD-man's Serious Dino Books/Dino-Related Reviews!".

I've since added Theodorou's I Wonder Why Triceratops Had Horns: and Other Questions about Dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 8 Aug 2016 - 10:42

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Wexo's Where Did Dinosaurs Come From?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpinoInWonderland
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 24 Oct 2016 - 9:23

OMG that Chubut Monster LMAO.

http://fav.me/daf2ut0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spinoinwonderland.deviantart.com/
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 24 Oct 2016 - 9:34

"Huehuehuehuehue"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 9:45

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Long's Dinosaurs (Insiders).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 13:00

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Markle's Outside And Inside Dinosaurs.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 14:37

What the flaming crapsicles is this?! It's not an entelodont that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:08

@tigris115 wrote:

What the flaming crapsicles is this?! It's not an entelodont that's for sure.

It's the original model for Mesozoica's Entelodont. They changed it to be more accurate.

tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 9:03

There's also this lil' gem that's not only hideous but broke an embargo too.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 9:29

Some examples from Ken Ham's Creationist propaganda:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 15:25

The second sentence is a big paleofail.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 15:29

How would it not just fall flat on it's face?

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat 25 Mar 2017 - 17:37

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
How would it not just fall flat on it's face?

I have no idea. Razz

In any case, here's a wonderful Dromaeosaurus fossil that's for sale.

It looks like a dinosaur skeleton prop from Super Mario Bros.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 26 Mar 2017 - 0:23

I swear if someone buys that horrid thing, expecting a real animal...

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 26 Mar 2017 - 13:14

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
I swear if someone buys that horrid thing, expecting a real animal...

Somebody actually did for $201. Click the link and see for yourself. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 9:18

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Stewart's Why Did T. rex Have Short Arms?: And Other Questions about Dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 20:29

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Henry's RAPTOR: The Life of a Young Deinonychus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 22:17

I'd say any of David Peters' reconstructions deserve to be posted here. Check out the guy's reconstruction of Longisquama:
http://www.reptileevolution.com/longisquama4.htm

When you look at his method, it's no wonder he comes up with this stuff:
Spoiler:

He basically puts images of a fossil into photoshop and tries to trace everything he can see including details that every other paleontologist conveniently missed. Honestly though I can't help but respect Peters' dedication and his skill as an artist.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 15:03

Nonsense...I can't believe someone has proposed this as theory.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 15:25

Alright!!! You asked for it...

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 15:34

@K_Ozz92 wrote:
Nonsense...I can't believe someone has proposed this as theory.

To be fair, the date does say August 15, 1920. So back then, it was a plausible theory. Even more so considering how paleontology was still fairly new back then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD-man
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 7:59

@JD-man wrote:

I've since added Moody's Dinofile: Profiles of 120 Amazing, Terrifying and Bizarre Beasts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 18:47

Greetings, mortal human. We mean you no harm.
Spoiler:

View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 4:10

That Brachiosaurus looks like a creature out of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom book series (aka John Carter of Mars).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleofails   

Back to top Go down

Paleofails
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next