Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsJurassic-PediaFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Yoshimitsu Banno, the director of 'Godzilla vs. Hedorah' and the Executive Producer of Godzilla 2014, has died at the age of 86.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 410
Points : 1781
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Happy birthday to Legendary Goji!

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Charles Dance from Game Of Thrones will be in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Sally Hawkins is also coming back.

I'm impressed by the cast this Godzilla movie is having. They really have seemed to learn from the flaws of the first one.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1314
Points : 3993
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Im happy that they are bringing both Watanabe and Hawkins character back. It would be great too if they could cast actors as older versions of the Skull Island cast too.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Alien franchise creature artist Tom Woodruff Jr. is going to design the monsters for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

This is great. News about this movie is getting better and better. I'm actually more excited for this then I am with JP5/JW2. I'm going to give Warner Bros. and Legendary a lot of credit for learning from their mistakes. I like the 2014 Godzilla movie, but I admit it should have been better. Now, with from what we know, this Monsterverse is shaping up to be a wonderful one.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1163
Points : 2087
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2016-06-17
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.

_______________
"Life will find a way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

He also did a bunch of other low-budget horror movies. That being said, Garath Edwards kind of started out the same way too. I'm actually looking forward to Godzilla: King Of The Monsters then this, but I am optimistic.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong


Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.


Diclaimer: the words below are my opinion and nothing more.

I'm pretty upset by this news. I thought Blair witch was AWFUL. The original is one of my all time favorites. You're next was a fun solid movie, but not what i would consider to be amazing. His work in V/H/S did not stand out to me. I heard the guest was also a fun movie. But that's what? Two low budget movies that were received pretty good? While the other two awful? Hit and miss. What has he done to convince them that he's the right man besides he probably comes cheap?

I'm also rather worried about the king of monsters director. But i'm on a whole other level of disappointment about Adam Wingard, enough to the point of my excitement being severely diminished. Interesting how they are both best well known for their horror comedy eh?

I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

Godzilla 2014 could have been a lot better of a film under a diff director(i think Gareth is weak in characters) and of course that was his second movie, but unless Adam really surprises me i think you guys are going to be missing Gareth lol.

As a side note i thought the Kong skull island director did a terrible job. Not sold on him at all and glad he is not back. But again IMO this is what can happen when you hand a property to someone who is unproven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 33
Points : 517
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-05-27
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 9:55 pm

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/city-shrouded-shadow-now-ps4-launches-fall-japan#C6S7sD4Dzr4PJJeW.99

Godzilla is officially crossing over with Ultraman, Evagalion, and Gamera for the first time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 10:48 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

Couldn't they pick someone similar to Matt Reeves that has done a monster film?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 11:01 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

Couldn't they pick someone similar to Matt Reeves that has done a monster film?

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 11:09 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

Couldn't they pick someone similar to Matt Reeves that has done a monster film?

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.
And that's what's sad. He proved already he can make a great monster flick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1780
Points : 3815
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Adds Bradley Whitford
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/854825-godzilla-bradley-whitford#SbDfoHxBpo32fqcp.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm

Zhang Ziyi has joined Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Legendary's/WB's Monsterverse as a key figure in Monarch.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 33
Points : 517
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-05-27
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 pm

So.... did anyone else see the Big G's new look for this year's movie?

http://www.cbr.com/godzilla-monster-planet-anime-poster/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1780
Points : 3815
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1314
Points : 3993
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:43 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

Well, we all kind of knew this when Godzilla 2 was first announced at comic con. Wonder when the first official images of the updated versions of the monsters will be.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 635
Points : 1502
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Nope, you're not! tongue bounce

_______________
Check out our YouTube Channel! Comedy skits and random stuff!
And the government shall be upon his shoulders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 am

So it seems like the title has a possibility of being changed.

http://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-2-starts-filming/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1780
Points : 3815
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 2632
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.
I've seen a bit of his work and I'm not a fan. The only thing I've seen that I liked was the pilot episode of Outcast which he directed. He's got a bit of a following and people seem to like him, but I don't get it. Blaire Witch in particular was a travesty, and one of my least favorite movies in a long time. I know he's doing the Death Note movie so obviously he's inspired by Japanese stuff, and hopefully that means the product for Godzilla Vs. Kong won't feel as lazy and uninspired as Blaire Witch.

_______________
Come Help Build A Hypothetical Jurassic Park Here
Also follow me on Letterboxd and read my movie reviews
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1780
Points : 3815
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Behind the Scenes Footage Shows Unused ‘Shin Godzilla’ Puppet
http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3445909/behind-scenes-footage-shows-unused-shin-godzilla-puppet/

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 33
Points : 517
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-05-27
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

So I was looking at the Monarch Timeline on the Kong Skull Island Facebook page and it looks like they're hinting at Hedorah being in the Monsterverse in the time line entry "The Great Smog of London
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1780
Points : 3815
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 pm

‘Shin Godzilla’ Sequel Cannot Be Made Until After 2020
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3447724/shin-godzilla-sequel-cannot-made-2020/

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Conjuring (2013).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E18.
Last Video Game Played: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 33
Points : 517
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-05-27
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 pm

That's rather unfortunate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 pm

It's actually for the best. I don't want the market to be too over-saturated like you could argue it was back in the 1990's.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1648
Points : 2569
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:01 pm

So far I'm not seeing great reactions to death note. A bit premature of me, but since he is our director for GVK it makes me worried. 

IMO this guy has made only one good movie that was a bit overrated. I don't understand what they see in him for godzilla vs Kong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 4296
Points : 5310
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 am

He have our first look/clue of what Mothra will look like in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.


Spoiler:
 

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Dinosaur Jungles-
Jump to: