Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

News thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 pm

So the FCC voted 3-2 in favor of scrapping Net Neutrality.

Political affiliation aside, I can't see how anyone can be happy about this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So the FCC voted 3-2 in favor of scrapping Net Neutrality.

Political affiliation aside, I can't see how anyone can be happy about this.

I see both sides. I get why people don't trust big corporations (EA anybody?) but at the same time, I don't think that the government should be so involved, either.

I just want a happy medium.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Considering how necessary the internet is to everyday life, I think there kinda has to be neutrality.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 pm

yeah the net neutrality thing being killed is worrisome.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:39 pm

UN votes overwhelmingly to reject US recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital.

Perhaps now the cheeto-in-chief can educate himself a little more on the world outside the White House as he takes all 128 of those names.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 pm

@Theta Rex wrote:
UN votes overwhelmingly to reject US recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital.

Perhaps now the cheeto-in-chief can educate himself a little more on the world outside the White House as he takes all 128 of those names.

The United Nations is a worthless organization that has a long history of anti-Israeli/anti-Semitism bias for a long time.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/unesco-backs-resolution-ignoring-jewish-link-to-temple-mount/

http://www.wiesenthal.com/atf/cf/%7B54d385e6-f1b9-4e9f-8e94-890c3e6dd277%7D/TT_2016REPORT.PDF

Besides, what good are they when the couldn't stop the Rwandan genocide?  Not only that, but what good are they when many of their own peacekeepers have underage sex with children. That and given how many of them are bribed off by China, Russia, and much of the oil states (Saudi Arabia and Iran) as well as causing the cholea outbreak in Hati yet not even given ANY form of compensation, has done nothing about the human rights abuses in China, Russia, North Korea, or 'insert crappy country with a bad leader/abusive government here' and a whole bunch of other crap, then I say we disband it, nationalize the actual building, and sell it off to somebody who can turn it into a hotel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:01 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Theta Rex wrote:

The United Nations is a worthless organization that has a long history of anti-Israeli/anti-Semitism bias for a long time.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/unesco-backs-resolution-ignoring-jewish-link-to-temple-mount/

http://www.wiesenthal.com/atf/cf/%7B54d385e6-f1b9-4e9f-8e94-890c3e6dd277%7D/TT_2016REPORT.PDF

Besides, what good are they when the couldn't stop the Rwandan genocide?  Not only that, but what good are they when many of their own peacekeepers have underage sex with children. That and given how many of them are bribed off by China, Russia, and much of the oil states (Saudi Arabia and Iran) as well as causing the cholea outbreak in Hati yet not even given ANY form of compensation, has done nothing about the human rights abuses in China, Russia, North Korea, or 'insert crappy country with a bad leader/abusive government here' and a whole bunch of other crap, then I say we disband it, nationalize the actual building, and sell it off to somebody who can turn it into a hotel.

Well, at least they don't have to add "bowing to the White House's empty threats and eye-rolling temper tantrums" to that list.

As low a bar as that may be.

CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:10 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Theta Rex wrote:

Their mission is to prevent WWIII, which so far they've done a pretty good job at. Just because a few bad eggs  were raping and pillaging, doesn't make the whole organization rotten. I'm sure I can pull out FAR worse from our own Armed Forces and police. You know, like that one cop who tortured a man before killing him and got off scott free. The UN is good for the world, but it's not their fault the world is so fucked. They simply don't have the resources to answer every problem in the world. Disband it, and I guarantee the nukes would be flying within the year.

Also, they're not anti-Israel, they're anti-Imperialism and anti-genocide, both of which Israel is committing against the Palestinian people. They've far expanded past their 1946 borders, relocating or killing anybody who stands up to them. And whenever somebody calls them out on their bullshit, they pull the anti semite argument. Fuck Israel, they're imperialist pigs, and deserve to have their borders cut back to what they originally were.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:50 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
Both of which Israel is committing against the Palestinian people.

Most 'Palestinians' are actually Jordanians. Jordan occupied the West Bank until the Six-Day War (which Israel had to strike first-via destroying most of the Arab nations air power due to how outgunned it was). The main reason why Jordan didn't take them back was due to how many of the Palestinians via Arafat and the PLO tried to overthrow the Jordanian monarchy, aka Black September. Their failure meant that Jordan refused to completely trust them again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 pm

We have proof that North Korea has a biological weapons program, more specifically, anthrax.

In many ways, this is worse then nukes. Biological weapons are far cheaper to make then nukes and in many ways, just as devastating. If a North Korean commando unit were to infect Seoul with anthrax or more likely, some of North Korea's artillery were to fire a few bio-tipped rockets or artillery shells into the city, then a lot more people would die faster then if they simply leveled it to the ground with a conventional artillery barrage, which also includes multi rocket launchers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 am

Apparently North Korea and the south are starting to have peace talks, a month before the Games

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/asia/north-korea-south-korea-talks-intl/index.html

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Hawaii emergency officials say alert of ballistic missile threat was mistake
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-ballistic-missile-threat-alert-false-alarm-live-updates/

I wonder who was drinking on this wonderful Saturday morning.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

India has test launched an ICBM.

This was most likely a message to China and Pakistan. Iran too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   

Back to top Go down

News thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19