Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarAbout UsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Forum Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mysterious Hero M wrote:
I'd like a response to this-
https://twitter.com/Mulder64329674/status/888678927119634432

I'm very confused. What in that picture has to do with hacking into outpost?

Like someone else said, it's very possible he himself was hacked.

No clue.

Probably some he said/she said bullshit that only a handful of people care about anyways.

But hey, making whatever the hell is going on public instead of keeping it behind closed doors, where it probably should have stayed, means us outsiders get to watch the fun!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 am

Yeah, I'm putting my foot down here. You push people around and act indignant when you're called out on bs like this. You're relentless when you feel wronged. I still remember when you and I used to go head to head back on Legacy, especially regarding moderating techniques. I swear you'd make up rules on the fly and justify it through a vaguely similar rule, or say some bullshit like we needed to be preemptive. It was nuts. It came to the point where nothing was getting done between me and you arguing over what our rules were, and whether we were meant to enforce or interpret the rules. I wanted direct enforcement, you liked interpretation. When I moved our tiff into the public to force a reaction from Terry or ACR, you didn't like it one bit. Of course, poor JP_T_Rex got thrown into it when she took your side in the argument, and I went on a warpath after got banned because you two got on my ass about my overusing reaction  gifs. I kinda of became reluctant about entangling with you after that, but I'm not letting another innocent person become a victim of another one of your tirades. This isn't to say I was blameless back then. I'll admit I did tend to overuse reaction gifs to the point of it being spam (but to this day I maintain that what got me banned technically wasn't spam. I simply used a reaction gif among a wordy post, and they both banned me over it) and I was a little sh*t when I went to Primal Carnage forums to troll the PaleoSnobs, but I also won't deny that both Daspletosaurus_5000 aka ZombieSaurian and I didn't do happy dances for the week or so that Terry stripped you of your rank.

Truth be told, I do sometimes wonder if things would be better off I didn't take PredatorInstinct's warning that my position as Admin was going to my head and had instead stayed on and stripped you of your rank myself before you started dogging members like Nublar7 and BobGrill. You were a bully at JPLegacy and I'm almost hesitant to say you were as bad as Bernard when it came to creating problems to keep Terry mentally occupied so you could stay on as moderation and administration staff. Truth be told, you were never originally meant to stay on as long as you did. We hired you to fight the PaleoSnobs because you had a grudge against them that was useful at the time. You were good at counter trolling them, which was what we needed, but you continued the trolling even long after they were gone. That's what caused so many problems. Rhedo is right. You're still saddle sore that Terry shut down Legacy and you'll never have the position of influence that you once had there. I'm assuming that's why you stopped talking to Terry after he shut everything down, but correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll tell you one last thing. You may not like me, but I'll always have more respect in this fandom than you ever will. I've had more people stand up for me, calling me a respectable fan in this fandom than I've had anywhere else. People respect me because I have an encyclopedic knowledge of this fandom and because I'm a good person. And those aren't even my words. I worked hard to earn that respect. That's the kind of respect you earn, the kind that people remember you for. And that's the kind you'll never have.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 am

@CT-1138 wrote:
Yeah, I'm putting my foot down here. You push people around and act indignant when you're called out on bs like this. You're relentless when you feel wronged. I still remember when you and I used to go head to head back on Legacy, especially regarding moderating techniques. I swear you'd make up rules on the fly and justify it through a vaguely similar rule, or say some bullshit like we needed to be preemptive. It was nuts. It came to the point where nothing was getting done between me and you arguing over what our rules were, and whether we were meant to enforce or interpret the rules. I wanted direct enforcement, you liked interpretation. When I moved our tiff into the public to force a reaction from Terry or ACR, you didn't like it one bit. Of course, poor JP_T_Rex got thrown into it when she took your side in the argument, and I went on a warpath after got banned because you two got on my ass about my overusing reaction  gifs. I kinda of became reluctant about entangling with you after that, but I'm not letting another innocent person become a victim of another one of your tirades. This isn't to say I was blameless back then. I'll admit I did tend to overuse reaction gifs to the point of it being spam (but to this day I maintain that what got me banned technically wasn't spam. I simply used a reaction gif among a wordy post, and they both banned me over it) and I was a little sh*t when I went to Primal Carnage forums to troll the PaleoSnobs, but I also won't deny that both Daspletosaurus_5000 aka ZombieSaurian and I didn't do happy dances for the week or so that Terry stripped you of your rank.

Truth be told, I do sometimes wonder if things would be better off I didn't take PredatorInstinct's warning that my position as Admin was going to my head and had instead stayed on and stripped you of your rank myself before you started dogging members like Nublar7 and BobGrill. You were a bully at JPLegacy and I'm almost hesitant to say you were as bad as Bernard when it came to creating problems to keep Terry mentally occupied so you could stay on as moderation and administration staff. Truth be told, you were never originally meant to stay on as long as you did. We hired you to fight the PaleoSnobs because you had a grudge against them that was useful at the time. You were good at counter trolling them, which was what we needed, but you continued the trolling even long after they were gone. That's what caused so many problems. Rhedo is right. You're still saddle sore that Terry shut down Legacy and you'll never have the position of influence that you once had there. I'm assuming that's why you stopped talking to Terry after he shut everything down, but correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll tell you one last thing. You may not like me, but I'll always have more respect in this fandom than you ever will. I've had more people stand up for me, calling me a respectable fan in this fandom than I've had anywhere else. People respect me because I have an encyclopedic knowledge of this fandom and because I'm a good person. And those aren't even my words. I worked hard to earn that respect. That's the kind of respect you earn, the kind that people remember you for. And that's the kind you'll never have.

Dead 2009 said that he kept on doing this long before I was a member of JPL, I take it the part of the sentence that I put in bold was the reason? If so, then why wasn't there an uprising among you and the other admins and mods to remove him, or at least take away his power?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 am

As much as Mulder is a jackass, dont feed into what he posted. He knows what he's doing and him seeing you giving his shitpost a reaction is exactly what he wanted.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
As much as Mulder is a jackass, dont feed into what he posted. He knows what he's doing and him seeing you giving his shitpost a reaction is exactly what he wanted.

That may be true, but other people here need to be informed of what he really was back in JPL and the real story of his behavior here.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:52 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
If so, then why wasn't there an uprising among you and the other admins and mods to remove him, or at least take away his power?
This is the first time I've ever spoken of it in the open, but I and a fellow Admin actually did converse through email on ways that we could remove Mulder, and we even drafted a request for removal that we sent in partial form to the head Admins. Terry's response to it was that we were duly noted, but... frankly, he thought Mulder would change. Or rather, he hoped he would. Terry defended Mulder because he TRIES to see the good in a person. He believes in second chances, and will give them more chances than they're worth, sometimes even detrimentally. He just... never did change. And it looks like without JPLegacy, he's gotten worse.

TyrannosaurTJ
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Mulder came back on the little used apology system from his original banishment. The Apology system was there for those who did decide they wanted to try to come back and talk it out instead of clinging to their anger and running with it. Not many used it, for probably obvious reasons given the at large prevailing attitude in the fandom.

So Mulder was on his second chance and I felt, after leveling with him, he was capable of positive change in meaningful ways. That said, it's why I stuck to my guns on that note and kept giving chances (and subsequent lectures when he disappointed) and frankly he was slowly coming around up until the end in some ways.

With the fandom being as much of a toxic environment that it is, it feeds these behaviors and practically encourages it and basically nurtures the seeds of it, so people run with it and it keeps spreading like the cancer it is. It's kind of the same problem that drove me away from the fandom in between 2002 and 2003. Basically the veterans at the time didn't like the enthusiasm of the people coming in from JP3 because of the disappointment and dissatisfaction the third film generated with the older fan base. So they started with the newbie bashing/shaming and just general hazing behaviors. The community itself has always had an issue with elitism and what not too. Even I had moments of being a twerp like that before I pulled back and realized what the hell I was doing and tried to endeavor to change it.

That said, I am glad to be away from these kinds of things now where I can just focus on doing the encyclopedia alone and being a versatile and comprehensive resource to those that do care instead of policing the fandom's crappy social problems.

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Ty, you really should consider writing a book about JPL and talk about all the drama and behind the scenes stuff that went on when it was active.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:00 pm

TBH, I always saw this coming. Not THIS situation exactly, but I always saw Mulder was going to end up being a problem. Between Jurassic World .org, TresCom, and the secret sourcers affecting Terry's mental health and the site at the time, Mulder added a lot of unnecessary stress with his antics. Like when he wanted to act preemptively, shutting down threads just because they "might" have caused a problem, or when he started interpreting the rules instead of enforcing them. I was simply reluctant to pin him as another BrachioInGen because I didn't know how Terry would have reacted. I wanted him off staff, I didn't want him completely gone. When I first joined, I read through a lot of old threads on JPLegacy to gain a knowledge of the fandom history and of the franchise in general simply because I'd never partaken in the fandom before. JPLegacy under Mulder's tenure was a lot like JPLegacy under BrachioInGen. He stifled conversation he thought could turn inflammatory, he created a "walk on eggshells" environment, he lashed out at anybody who questioned him and he caused a lot of stress on Terry to keep his position. Mike treated everybody in the fandom like they could have the potential of being a threat. Instead of treating everybody in the fandom as if they could have the potential of being something great. But that's where our biggest difference lyed. He saw the potential for bad in everyone. I saw the potential for good.

TyrannosaurTJ
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:12 pm

I thankfully have made peace with Brachio given the fact I had time to deal with all of it from being away as long as I was without getting sucked back into the drama fests that would happen because of whatever the reason. I'm glad that is behind him and me now. We both seem to have thankfully grown in positive ways despite there being a lot of negative in our lives individually. I personally wish we could've kept the whole ordeal out of the public's eyes and dealt with it ourselves privately. There's various reasons why that didn't happen. Some my fault, some his fault, but the blame is kind of everywhere there though.

That said Rhedo, there's a lot more interesting parts I could write a book about with me. My teenage years for one were particularly traumatic considering my mom's drug addiction, her subsequent arrest, and her parole that I had to keep all secret from even my closest friends at the time. She also picked up the "militaristic training" for me during those years because of whatever her reason was. My family's separation and me coming back to Ohio with my dad in part due to her drug addiction and wacky behaviors. We also have my struggle with my mental issues and my persistence on wanting to deal with and recognize them myself due to a resistance to the idea of taking any kind of medication because I believed it would make me weak, when I later challenged that thanks to some healthy external help and got on meds to regulate the crazy somewhat.

Paleontology Enthusiast, Life long Learner, Citizen Scientist, Jurassic-series Media Archivist
Jurassic-Pedia - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Hey D4E you still fucking ponies m8?

How creative.

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Why yes, I am. Razz

Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:10 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
Why yes, I am. Razz

It's 2017, anything goes.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Goodbye.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:52 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:

Goodbye.

I take it you permabanned him? Because if you did, then you might as well delete his account as well via Mistral.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Nah, best to keep it around just in case he makes another so we can look at IPs etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Nah, best to keep it around just in case he makes another so we can look at IPs etc.

You're right. He's not like Mistral, who's far more oblivious in that he won't be coming back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 am

Just want to quickly point out that having a TFW RPG Moderator position, which we still do for whatever reason, is pretty much useless now.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:18 pm

I was an indominus but went back to being a regular Rex. Is this supposed to happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Yeah, the ranking for people who have a post count of 950-1499 have the Rex. The last one is an Ultimasaurus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Yeah, the ranking for people who have a post count of 950-1499 have the Rex. The last one is an Ultimasaurus.

Will this group bring back the old JPL veteran ranking in modified form for this site. You know, the one with Rexy roaring after defeating those 2 raptors in JP? I think it's something worth considering.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:

So just as a curiosity I did have Rexy before though right? Or am I just insane?

Because I remember being surprised Rexy was under indominus ranking.

Maybe a bug?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:50 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

Will this group bring back the old JPL veteran ranking in modified form for this site. You know, the one with Rexy roaring after defeating those 2 raptors in JP? I think it's something worth considering.

That I dont know, may have to ask Pokesaurus on that one

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

So just as a curiosity I did have Rexy before though right? Or am I just insane?

Maybe a bug?

More than likely a bug, here's the ranking for the post counts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:39 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

Maybe a bug?

OK, just something to think about. And for some reason, I may have got a bug in the system too. For some reason, I remembering getting the T. rex rank at 850 instead of 950. I could be very well be wrong, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:

Maybe a bug?

OK, just something to  think about. And for some reason, I may have got a bug in the system too. For some reason, I remembering getting the T. rex rank at 850 instead of 950. I could be very well be wrong, though.

I think you're not imagining it. I know for a fact I was Rexy before indominus.

It's a bit bugged but as long as we all eventually get there it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 pm

T. rex is above Indominus. Razz
And if you can dig through the Wayback or whatever and find the veteran rank I'd be more than happy to input it.

View user profile https://natsukis.meme.bakery
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 pm

@Levine wrote:
T. rex is above Indominus. Razz
And if you can dig through the Wayback or whatever and find the veteran rank I'd be more than happy to input it.

I found it. It's Dead2009's post here. The very second post after D4E posted that JPL will be closing down for good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Feedback   

Back to top Go down

Forum Feedback
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Innovation Center :: Forum Updates-
Jump to: