Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:24 am

Yeah, you heard that right.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/28/12319480/michael-crichton-new-book-dinosaur-dragon-teeth

Color me very surprised and extremely excited.

Levine

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:36 am

Envision it. Dinosaurs in the badlands.

View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Its about the "Bone Wars" though so I'm not sure if it'll really have dinosaurs in it or just fossils. Not that Im not excited about it just wish it was a secret JP book they found instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:12 pm

I didn't like Micro, but I hope this is good. There seems to be a lot of these 'unpublished' works of his, and I'm sure we'll be seeing them over the years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Fucking cancer. Always have to take the greats.

View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:22 pm

@evolution_rex wrote:
I didn't like Micro, but I hope this is good. There seems to be a lot of these 'unpublished' works of his, and I'm sure we'll be seeing them over the years.

Is this one of those he wrote the whole thing and never published, or it was sort of worked out and someone else comes in to smooth out the details and finish what wasn't done? I always find those books troublesome, because even though I know it wasn't the author's fault they couldn't finish them, I can't help but think how much was the original author's words, and how much was the other person. Is this how original author wanted the book to end? I'll still enjoy it if it is a good book, but just can't help but think about that sometimes.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@evolution_rex wrote:

Is this one of those he wrote the whole thing and never published, or it was sort of worked out and someone else comes in to smooth out the details and finish what wasn't done? I always find those books troublesome, because even though I know it wasn't the author's fault they couldn't finish them, I can't help but think how much was the original author's words, and how much was the other person. Is this how original author wanted the book to end? I'll still enjoy it if it is a good book, but just can't help but think about that sometimes.  

Found a quote from the Seattle Times http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/apnewsbreak-new-michael-crichton-novel-coming-out-in-2017/

Quote :
According to HarperCollins, “Dragon Teeth” will be published without additional writing or major editing.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:12 pm

@Crimsonraptor wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@evolution_rex wrote:

Found a quote from the Seattle Times http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/apnewsbreak-new-michael-crichton-novel-coming-out-in-2017/

Quote :
According to HarperCollins, “Dragon Teeth” will be published without additional writing or major editing.

Ah, thank you! Sounds interesting, I may give it a shot, especially as I haven't checked out a Crichton novel in a long time.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:05 am

also the book is already in the works to be adapted as a miniseries

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/new-michael-crichton-book-works-915943

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:06 pm

It occurred to me that we don't really have that many novels or films that are actually ABOUT paleontology, definitely keeping an eye out for the book to reach the UK!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:20 am

Whaaat? How the hell did I miss this? Call me excited!

Yeah Micro was somewhat bland (although made better by John Bedford Lloyd's always-amazing voice in audiobook form) and another author's input certainly didn't help, however I LOVED Pirate Latitudes through and through, so I have high hopes for these final works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Somewhat surprised that it's only 304 pages, for that is quite short
https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Teeth-Novel-Michael-Crichton/dp/0062473352/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479250602&sr=8-1&keywords=dragon+teeth

The cover is decent even if pretty standard

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:24 pm

only 304? Should be 350, but I just hope it doesn't end up feeling rushed

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Well to be fair now that I checked, Pirate Latitudes was just around the same ballpark at 313. But yeah I think 350 is around the minimum I usually want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017   

Back to top Go down

Michael Crichton's new dinosaur novel to be published in 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1