Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Unpopular Movie Opinions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 8:59 am

Meet the Parents is pretty funny.

Meet the Fockers isn't THAT bad.

Dante's Peak is kind of fun and rewatchable.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
- Jurassic World is the best JP sequel.

But isn't this what most of the GA thinks anyway? So does it qualify for this thread? (not that there is a definition for that)

This forum isn't the GA, isn't it? Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 2:25 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' sucks balls.

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Needless to say, I did not bother with the second one Razz

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 2:38 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

Funny story about this. I kept hearing such good things about this movie, when the sequel released, I decided to grab both on Blu Ray, expecting to have a great time with them, because I'm generally picky with my comedies but these were so highly rated. I ended up more bored than anything, and then the second one was just a slog to get through. I still have them on a shelf somewhere because I haven't traded or sold off movies in a long time, but they've probably collected a lot of dust by now.

I went into it expecting somewhat good things too, you know with all the constant praise in the air, however I was vary knowing the actors involved.

Trash like that makes me appreciate good actual comedy, like in the Being John Malkovich I watched recently. Or of course The Big Lebowski.

You ever look up The Big Lebowski edited for American TV? It makes no sense, but for an unpopular opinion, I kind of love the edited version as much as the regular because the edited dialogue is beyond nonsensical.

See what happens Larry!? Do you see what happens when you FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 2:43 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

Never heard of this cut, now I've gotta see it!

Does it remove all the constant cursing btw?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 2:47 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

It removes the worst of the words. Here's a taste:

Lol that's amazing Razz

I'm sure the Dude appreciated this cut. So much that he just poured down straight vodka down the throat instead of mixing up white russian.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

The Lost World is as amazing as the original Jurassic Park.
It´s characters are as memorable
It has the most Jurassic Park feel out of any of the sequels
And it is still the best Jurassic sequel so far
And I do not understand what is so horrible about the gymnastics scene

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Wonder Woman is a good movie but no the masterpiece that many people say it is.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

I wanted to add a few...

The Star Wars prequels are all awesome. There is nothing wrong with them. I would not change a thing about them. I Love Jar Jar Binks. Never unterstood what makes him so horrible.

I do not mind at all that The Force Awakens was similar to A New Hope.

And I also disagree with those who say that the Empire Strikes Back is the clear best Star Wars movie. I like it don´t get me wrong but I do not see what makes it so much greater than the others.

Both Space Jam and Kazaam are among the best movies in the 1990´s for me.

And the first 2 Power Ranger Movies (MMPR 1995 and Turbo 1997) are both classics.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:54 am

I don't like The Godfather; I found it slow and boring.

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions   

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Movie Opinions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: